Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quilt Show Display

I spent the last two days at the Salmon Arm Quilt Show and I was SO impressed with the quality of this show.  The 300 quilts were beautifully displayed in the arena ... with nice wide aisles so that the quilts could be viewed without congestion. As well as the guild's quilts they had invited vendors and related "fibre" groups such as the needlework guild and the spinners and weavers guild to display at the event. I was invited to be the "featured fibre artist" and I was given a wonderful 8' x 16' space to display my fibre art.

I have never had that much space before so I spent quite a bit of time thinking about how I would set it up and came up with the idea that I would like to have part of it set up as an old parlour ... but displaying my contemporary fibre art. 

Here are a couple of photos of the set up, complete with my antique rocking chair, tea wagon and parson's table. I even included two antique handmade quilts that belonged to my husband's grandmother. I don't do that kind of quilting, but it is where fibre art originated, too, so I was pleased to be able to include them. The gridded frames where I hung some of my purses were originally the frames for screen windows at our hundred year old church before they replaced the windows.




3 comments:

thebutterflyquilter said...

The display looks wonderful!! Great job! Love the antique tea trolley!

teachpany said...

Looks great! Very inviting!

DownHome Designs said...

Kathy, I love the way this is set up. So homey and inviting!