Saturday, January 10, 2015

Valentine's Day Inspiration

I rarely make "seasonal" items but this week I had the urge to create something with a Valentine's Day theme. I have been having fun needle felting lately and decided to work with my red wools (with a touch of purple and orange to liven it up). The heart is silk fusion with free motion stitching appliqueing it in place. 

I love the curly locks of hand dyed wool ... and I added some funky hand stitches (knots and crosses to carry the theme) and some pretty silk yarn to the surface. Here is the result!








The final piece was wrapped onto an 8" square artists' canvas and stapled to the back. It makes a delightful small wall decor that can be enjoyed year round. 

This is available in my Etsy shop (click on the box on the right of the screen to go there).